Pumpkins are scarce this year due to the strange weather we’ve been having. Just because pumpkins are hard to find, it doesn’t mean you can’t decorate your home!
Check out this cute Thumbkin!
Make a Thumbkin Pumpkin!
1. Draw half inch lines across the width of orange construction paper for the pumpkin.
2. Cut out orange strips.
3. Wrap strips around your thumb.
4. Glue the end of strip to the rolled up piece to close the circle.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you have used up all the orange strips.
6. Lay out the circles side by side an arrange them into a pumpkin shape.
7. Glue the circles together.
8. Cut three half inch strips of green construction paper about 4 inches long.
9. Curl an end of each green strip around your pinky (or a pen) to make a tighter curl for the leaves.
10. Glue the three green pieces in between two of the orange circles.
11. Cut a half inch strip out of brown construction paper about 2 inces long.
12. Fold the brown strip in half to make the stem.
13. Glue the unfolded end of the brown strip in between the green strips.
14. Once everything has dried, place your Thumbkin Pumpkin somewhere as a decoration or hang in a window!