Make Macaroon Monsters for Macaroon Day!
Did you know today is National Macaroon Day? Macaroons are made with coconuts and are a tasty flourless cookie!
While National Macaroon Day may not be a treasured holiday, it’s certainly a yummy one to celebrate! This year, have fun with the kids and make Macaroon Monsters!To make these tasty treats, you will need: 3/4 cup Sugar 5 tbs Flour 4 Egg Whites 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Bag of Sweetened Coconut (14 oz) 1 Baking Sheet Parchment Paper Wilton Chocolate Melts Wilton White Chocolate Melts Wilton Cookie Icing
-Preheat oven to 325˚
-Line baking sheet with parchment paper
-Combine flour, sugar and coconut in a large bowl
-Mix egg whites with vanilla extract and stir in dry ingredients until well blended
- *(OPTIONAL) Take 1/3 mixture aside and mix in 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- * Drop 1 rounded tablespoon of plain mixture onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- * Gently press a small amount of chocolate mixture onto the plain mixture to create hair (or do these last 2 steps in reverse if you prefer)
- * Add mini M&Ms for eyes and decorate with cookie icing
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown
- Remove immediately from baking sheet and place on a wire rack
-Decorate with icing or dip into Wilton Chocolate Melts.
- Plate your cookies and enjoy!